Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Patreon Ending

 

UPDATE: Looking to try and maybe link the Patreon to a Discord channel or something. I'd have to wipe all the photos from the site and turn it into a SFW Patreon but then keep the memberships alive and post in Discord. Im working with a friend and we're spitballing here.

This is not easy for me to say but it looks like I'm being forced to close my Patreon page. Not just myself but others in the NSFW category on their site.

They've been saying for awhile they would start requiring a government ID from us to prove we're over 18 for this NSFW content. That alone I was not very comfortable with since I don't want them having that personal information. However, I was at least toying with the idea of going through with it because I love my Patreon so much and it's helped me A LOT financially. 

But the other issue behind these scenes has to do with the photos being used in caps for financial gain. I'm not going to go into all the details but they are now requiring actual paperwork for the photos being used.

I've asked around and it seems pages like mine were on borrowed time and would be shut down eventually. And to be honest, I get it.

So what does the future hold? I'm so so gutted. Absolutely devastated. I feel I let everyone down. I came to rely on that extra income too. It got me out of some really shitty life situations and it's kinda hard to go back to a time before that, ya know?

Are there other options? Possibly. But I feel even if I migrate to something like Only Fans or Fansly or whatever Im just going to eventually have the same issue I am now.

I'm obviously very open to hear suggestions.

Again I am so sorry :(

26 comments:

  1. Well this is a huge bummer! Have you thought about switching over to Subscribestar? Not as well known but might work for what you're doing: https://www.subscribestar.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you could just a pixel out of the image then have a the actual image on https://sta.sh/ (or some site like it)like another patreon member does

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry ment to say have a link to said image

      Delete
  3. Maybe have a private discord server that hosts all the pictures separately? So the patreon technically has no pics or nsfw content. All the patreon is for people to pay for a subscriber tier and you can send them a link to a discord and give them the corresponding role on the discord server.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or a Mega where you share the password to the patrons each month if you don't want to do a Discord server, that might work? Then you could just post to the Patreon saying new drop so people could check the Mega? I dunno, you do great work and the Patreon has been great. Hoping you're able to find a way to keep something like the Patreon going!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for all the years <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that sucks so bad. Hope this doesn't end up hurting you too much but man, that's gotta be a bummer. Your work's too good just to get kneecapped like this

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was prob just Patreon that required the paperwork for uploaded photos, right? Patreon has always been a horrible company. Subscribestar and Utreon seem like much better options

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, posting on OnlyFans could help as that sight is designed for adults

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was a thought but i feel i'll have the same issue because Im not posting my own photos. they're of other people

      Delete
  8. Deviantart might be an option

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping it's anything but discord tbh. Would cancel if that's where it goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its probably my best option if i want to keeps things alive

      Delete
    2. Sorry I just think a gaming service is completely the wrong place for it, and more likely to have issues than the other options suggested above.

      Delete
    3. Discord started off as a gaming service but workplaces are actually using it now

      Delete
  10. Very sorry to hear this. Between big corporations and the government, they are driving the hard working middle class out. Hang in there, you will come up with an answer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you consider the automatic Discord role bot, it will give a role if somebody is subscribed to a tier once, but it does not take away roles most of the time, if a Patreon reduces or cancels their sub. At least not consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep the patreon open for subs. Then post in discord channels only for subbed patrons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the option im trying now. for at least a temporary solution :)

      Delete
  13. Subscribestar might be an option

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear this. The world is going to shit! I hope you can sort something out. Maybe just find another site to post on and keep Patreon open for subs only?

    ReplyDelete
  15. In re: photo paperwork. I assume this is about copyright. Why not use one of many free online AI to create photo realistic images? Stable Diffusion etc. have a blanket license enabling commercial use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You could use a similar system to https://kingdomofari.com/

    Where you have a website that checks your patreon subscribtion.

    Seems not too hard to implement and would make it way easier to tag and find stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't we send you money thru other means like paypal. I'm just trying to help

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete