Saturday, November 6, 2021

Update on the Blog

 So a few weeks ago I posted about how I was having personal issues and wasn't sure how it would effect the blog going forward. You probably couldn't tell cause there was little down time and only a few days missed but it looks like things have gotten worse.

I'm not going to go into great detail so all I'll say is it's a family issue, it really sucks, and I need to be around to take care of someone.

I'm trying to think of how I want to move forward. The plan is to continue the blog as I always have and try not to let much change. I'll most likely start working from home more to help care for my family. However financially we're in a really shitty situation.

I've never, ever wanted to do caps for money. Ever. It was always just for fun and I liked doing it. Many of you know this because you would offer to pay me for requests and stuff and I always turn you down. It just didn't feel right. I never put ads on the site because I wanted it to stay pure. But now I've got real world problems and a massive audience of fans.

So I may set up a Paypal or something. I really don't know I'm still trying to decide what to do. A Patreon seems like a stretch cause A) I don't know much about it and B) I don't want to force myself into some monthly subscription deal and then something happens down the line and I can't deliver, ya know?

Again, I would post like I normally do. I don't want to alienate everyone who got me to where I am now. But maybe have the link available for people who want to donate or throw money towards a personal request for me to make or some bonus caps for the week. Who knows. This is still in the spitballing stage.

Suggestions are welcome.

17 comments:

  1. I hope your situation gets better, if I'm honest I also think Patreon doesn't seem like the best option, but a Paypal with donations sounds great to me, you can do a cap or series of caps for those who support you and post them here may be constant content and income for you if a lot of people support you

    I for one I'm willing to donate

    ReplyDelete
  2. While patreon doesn't sound like the best idea it does provide a steady income unlike comissions so I would recommend either patreon or subscribe star.

    Steady income would probably the best stress relief.

    All the best and thanks for the years of free content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would throw some sheckles your way dude at the very least as a thank you gift. I'm absolutely a lurker lol. I have a pic in mind if you are gonna end up doing requests, however I'd likely donate either.

    I know that some people hate it when it becomes a job, but monetizing more can be a good thing. It all depends on your attitude about. All social interaction is transactional in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely donate; it would be cool if you did a cap or a series of caps for those that support you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely pay some money for some old gems to be updated~

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the end, do what is best for you and your family. Though, I feel if you needed help the community would help as they could. The world right now is an even more complicated and difficult one. I know I have enjoyed reading your captions as have others. You and your family will be in my thoughts and when the times comes I'll do what I can when I can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve followed your caps since basically day one of this blog and would probably donate to help you regardless, but to have a request done by my all time favorite capper would be absolutley awesome and would put money into that cap for sure!

    Hope your situation gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good things about ko-fi for one-off donations. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to subscribe to a patreon or do paypal donations and get some updates on old post in exchange. I'm a long time watcher/reader of your blog so I'd absolutely be willing to help out any way monetary wise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be willing to subscribe to a patreon or do paypal donations. I read your captions daily

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're family should come first and if it comes to going on a hiatus, then I would support your decision.

    I have enjoyed your captions greatly but I'd rather not that you feel obligated to produce them just for the sake of demand.

    Take care of you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it all gets well soon and i want to say thank you for all the posts you made i read your posts daily since 2018 and i would be willing to donate a little bit even if i don't have a lot money

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taking care of your family and yourself should be the priorities you focus on. When you have the time to devote to the Blog, it might be a welcome respite. If you do set up a paypal account, I would like to help with what little I could afford.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would absolutely pay for commissions if you want to generate revenue from this. Love your writing and your blog. Would also subscribe to a patreon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you everyone for your support! I've got a lot to think about on this and i'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sad to hear about your issues. I'm a fan for so long, and I hope I can help in any way I can. I'm definitely subscribing if you serup a patreon, or ko-fi, or whatever. Keep us posted on your thoughts. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im looking into Ko-Fi now. i never heard of it but it seems like it's more up my alley! thanks to those who suggested

    ReplyDelete