I'm going to preface this by saying it's a refreshing feel good story, and I wouldn't mind continuations. I definitely like how they enjoy using it together. But. Doesn't Kelly still have to parent her son? He may have her friends body, and can act well enough mimic her friend, but he's not an adult, and even though everyone else thinks he is, she still knows her son isn't old enough to drink, and she can't talk about any sexual feelings she has towards anyone. He can be as mature as possible, but, he's still a kid. And there have to be rules?
This is great! I love how they both know about his ability, and that the mom is proud of how well he uses his skills. Just like most mothers (although it's typically sports, games, or good grades, music, acting in a play ... etc.) I'm sure she enjoys watching her son perform well.
A sequel where he has to shift into someone else while wearing the same clothes could be interesting.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to preface this by saying it's a refreshing feel good story, and I wouldn't mind continuations. I definitely like how they enjoy using it together. But. Doesn't Kelly still have to parent her son? He may have her friends body, and can act well enough mimic her friend, but he's not an adult, and even though everyone else thinks he is, she still knows her son isn't old enough to drink, and she can't talk about any sexual feelings she has towards anyone. He can be as mature as possible, but, he's still a kid. And there have to be rules?
ReplyDeleteIt's mostly rhetorical by the way. I love the story!
DeleteBut he could also shapeshift into his das
ReplyDeleteGreat story and picture! Agree, would love to have a follow up and would not be surprised if Simon ends up staying in Kelly's body! Zoe
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I love how they both know about his ability, and that the mom is proud of how well he uses his skills. Just like most mothers (although it's typically sports, games, or good grades, music, acting in a play ... etc.)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure she enjoys watching her son perform well.