Monday, November 8, 2021

Ko-Fi and the Future of Swapping Grounds

 Thank you everyone who reached out with kind words and suggestions either via email or on my past post. The outpouring of kindness was a lot for me to take in. I'm not used to that kind of treatment so thank you.

I decided to go with Ko-Fi per several people suggestions. It's less stressful in terms of hitting monthly goals and more of a fancy tip jar! I've added a donate button to the bottom of the page and a link to the actual Ko-Fi page itself in the top right of the blog. The link itself will take you to the content that's unlocked for those who donate.

I will not paywall anything that's already been posted on the blog such as any currently ongoing series and the like (Our Son The Switcher, Couples Game Night etc.) There will most like being Ko-Fi specific series that donors can view first and then sometime down the line will be posted here on the regular blog.

As of now I only have it set for donations. A minimum of $2 and it can be upped to however much you're willing to spare. Once I figure out how all this works I will open up more options such as commissions (those will be a select few a month as I don't want to overwhelm myself. Maybe start at 5 a month and see how that goes) and possibly monthly subs for those interested. I'd have to think of special treats for you all to get in return for your kindness :) There's lots of bells and whistles on this site and I'm excited to explore all the options it has.

One cap has already been added so far. For those who donate let me know if you have any issues seeing it or not.

I'll have to decide on a posting schedule for both on here and the Ko-Fi page but most likely it will start with 4-5 caps here on Swapping Grounds and 1 extra cap on Ko-Fi. That can change if I get into a rhythm. I've already started working on a backlog.

Thank you again for all your support. I wouldn't be where I am today without you all. 

3 comments:

  1. well im glad you did open the option i will donate as soon as possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also commissioned you so yeah i hope this helps

      Delete
  2. Got you gold as well, hopefully that helps you out with all the additional features

    ReplyDelete